In addition to the two hours of contemplative prayer, we come together five times a day to pray formally.
Outside these formal times, we read, study, compose music, write, do manual work and conduct classes for our new members. We discuss common affairs and explore the meaning and direction of our lives as a community. We foster friendship among ourselves and with those who come.
We are content to live simply, and we work to support ourselves by:
- re-distributing altar breads
- gardening and preserving the produce
- baking bread
- engaging in arts and crafts for sale
- sending out inspirational mailings
- maintaining web sites and answering email
- publish quarterly Newsletter
- publish Journey and the Joy which features the writings of the Sisters
Many phone calls and letters come in daily requesting prayer and prayerful listening.
We invite you to contact us for prayers for your intentions:
Carmelite Gift Shop